Southwest runs on a regular basis. I have yet to find a destination

that I can fly to for the sales price ! Please prove to me that it's not

just  a gimick, or bait and switch.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Where do the sale fares fly to ?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Where are you starting from?

the fares do exist but will be between cities that are relatively close, for instance Midway to any of the Ohio destimations, Indianapolis, or a few others:

https://www.southwest.com/html/promotions/promotions_nationwide_sale_171010_offers.html?clk=HOMEHERO...

They also aren't necessasrily available all day, so timing of the flight may block you from the cheapest fare, but the sale is still good for the applicable city pairs.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ridge
Explorer C

Still sounds like a come-on.  If the cities are close together..,  If you take into account driving to the airport, having to arrive an hour before departure, waiting in lines to go  through security, through boarding process, flight time (even if there are no delays by airline)  navigating through airport to find car rental office and filling out the paperwork, and finding your way out of the airport lot..., it would be quicker to drive to your location, and have the convenience of bringing  your  car with you.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I'd sometimes agree on the Chicago to Indianapolis route (3.5-hour drive), but for Minneapolis, Ohio, Kentucky, etc. I'm flying Southwest for sure.

Longer routes are also on sale, just not for $49...there are several tiers 49/59/69/79 and some are more than $100 but still reduced from the normal rate.

I'm sure $49 is meant to be attention grabbing if that's what you mean but in my opinion the sale is legitimate and they note that the fare is for limited destinations. Even for the closest city I might still fly if I wasn't going to rent a car on the other end.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.