Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

charging an extr $384. to change a flight because of Hurricane Irma

deekup1210
Explorer C

My niece was her ro help her mon after surgery. Unfortunately Irma forced her to change her flight from Monday to Friday.  The airline decided to charge her an extra $384.00 on top of her original ticket price to chage the flight. I am an southwest fan but I will now be using other airlines to travel.  This fee was unnecessay.  Southwest should be ashamed of themselves.

Denise Kupczyk

2 REPLIES 2

Re: charging an extr $384. to change a flight because of Hurricane Irma

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You didn't post details about your flight so it's impossible to determine if the weather advisory applies to you. If it did, you would be able to modify your travel plans for free.

Details here: https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_2017841504542489393.html

Re: charging an extr $384. to change a flight because of Hurricane Irma

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

In addition to the weather advisory situation, you might also try writing out the issue in some detail and mailing it to Customer Service along with receipts.  The company tries to make things right but it needs all the information which is difficult to gather on the phone in a situation with duplicate weather emergencies.  No promises and of course, I don't know the entire situation in detail, but it might be worth the cost of one first class mailing.  It is a good company, and I hope you won't dismiss them due to one bad experience.