Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2 reservations for same flight

martindhjj
Explorer C

I bought 1 one-way ticket and paid for it.  The next day I got a cancellation notice.  I called the airlines and they said that I had bought 2 and it didn't matter because I had been reimboursed for the 2nd ticket.  I did not make 2 reservations for the same time and day for me.  How ridiculous.  I certainly did not authorise my credit card company to pay  for 2 tickets.  So how could they have taken payment and then reimboursed theselves.  Something is very wrong here.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 2 reservations for same flight

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

One potential reason for this would be clicking backwards on the browser or some lag with the internet that resulted in the purchase button getting clicked twice.

If you can verify with your credit card that the balance is correct I would say problem solved. I don't belive that this is uncommon, the booking software must audit for these sorts of events automatically.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Actually, the audit is a result of the recently implemented duplicate bookings policy. Prior to that you could have two bookings for the exact same flight & passenger and the system would not stop it, or even notify you about the issue.

martindhjj
Explorer C

Hi,

I realized what happened.  I made and paid for a reservation with Paypal, buit at the end I got the screen Your request could not go through (something like that).  I also did not get a notification from Paypal that I had paid.  So I believed that the purchase had not gone through and made another reservation with my Mastercard.  I think that this is serious error.  I did nothing wrong and was told that I had made 2 reservations.  How in the world could I have avoided this?