Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Anxious, first time flyer

pacosurfer
Explorer C

I am taking my very first flight this week with Southwest, Philly to Orlando.

My therapist, who runs my fear of flying course, recommends I meet the captain before boarding to help with my anxiety.

I have letters of introduction for both the gate agent and the captain.

Would this be a problem? It would really help me fly calmly.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Anxious, first time flyer

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @pacosurfer,

I'm so glad to know that you'll be taking a trip with us soon! A fear of flying is not uncommon, and I commend your proactive approach to the situation. I love that you've drafted letters of introduction, and I think that's a great way to start your trip. 

If you'd like, you cand send me a private message here on the Community, and I'll work with you to see how we can make your experience in Philly a good one. 

1stimeflyr34
Explorer C

Hi..:) I'm taking my first flight this weekend as well..any suggestions? I'm so scared...

AshleyMainz
Employee
Employee

Hi @1stimeflyr34

Welcome to the Southwest Airlines Community! @katiegatti wrote a great blog post this summer about conquering her fear of flying, so I would definitely encourage you to  read it! Here's the link: https://community.southwest.com/t5/Southwest-Stories/Cruising-Out-of-My-Comfort-Zone/ba-p/46397 

Your safety is our top priority at Southwest, and I'm confident our Employees will take great care of you. Happy Travels! 

Ashley

Ashley
Community Manager
Southwest Airlines Community

Bpoppie46
Explorer C

I suggest scheduling your therapy session at the airport, that way you will have something to do when your flight is inevitably delayed for hours.