Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

BOOKING FAMILY TRAVEL FRUSTRATION

mikem4444
Explorer C

When I book on a competing airline, they remember all of my families account #, KTN #'s, DOB, etc....my family members info doesn't change.  I can push a button and all of their info is in the reservation.  When I book on SWA, I have to enter all of my families info (even though it never changes) every single time.  It's a huge waste of time compared to this competing airline. 

SWA has always been the easiest airline to use.  I have been an A-List Preferred or A-Lister for years and years.  I am a huge proponent of SWA.  But this inconvenience really bugs me.  I have to stop the booking, look up the rapid rewards, look up the KTN #'s, it takes 5X as long at least and this has to be a SUPER EASY FIX if competing airlines are doing this. 

How do we get this fixed?!?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: BOOKING FAMILY TRAVEL FRUSTRATION

sarahsmith
Frequent Flyer C

Hi @mikem4444 -

I dont have an answer, since I don't work for SWA.  I will say I know this is a recognized problem. And that SWA is currently converting to a new reservation system that is supposed to complete transition next month, I think. 

Im hoping/thinking this functionality may be added then. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @mikem4444,

If you've got your family members' Rapid Rewards numbers handy and you type those in when you're making the reservations, the rest of the information (KTN, Bday, etc) will auto-populate and make booking fairly simple. 

Mtopete115
Explorer C

I just vented this issue last night to southwest. Customer service agent. 

We we don’t always have the rapid rewards # Handy for 4 ppl. It takes the booking time longer, when you need to stop to get/look for the number 

from one one parent to another; I feel you. 

adamdoti
Explorer C

This user is dead-on. 4 years later and this is still an open issue!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I know this is something that has been long requested, and that Southwest has said they would look into. Unfortunately, the wheels of IT change spin very slowly at Southwest.