Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceling a Fully Refundable Flight Purchased with Travel Funds

Mmbelardi1122
Explorer C

If I purchase a fully refundable flight (Business Select or Anytime) in April 2020 with travel funds plus a credit card (to pay for the difference in cost), and I cancel my reservation, will I be refunded for the total cost of the flight to my credit card or will the travel funds used for the reservation be returned to my account to be used by June 2021 (due to the COVID policy if ticket is canceled between March-May 2020) and the portion paid with my credit card be refunded to my CC?

If I purchase a ticket completely with travel funds in April 2020 and Southwest cancels the flight, will I receive the travel funds back to my account?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Canceling a Fully Refundable Flight Purchased with Travel Funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@Mmbelardi1122 wrote:

If I purchase a fully refundable flight (Business Select or Anytime) in April 2020 with travel funds plus a credit card (to pay for the difference in cost), and I cancel my reservation, will I be refunded for the total cost of the flight to my credit card or will the travel funds used for the reservation be returned to my account to be used by June 2021 (due to the COVID policy if ticket is canceled between March-May 2020) and the portion paid with my credit card be refunded to my CC?

If I purchase a ticket completely with travel funds in April 2020 and Southwest cancels the flight, will I receive the travel funds back to my account?

If I purchase a fully refundable flight...

The travel funds will be refunded as travel funds (with the June 30, 2021 expiration), and the credit card portion will be refunded to your credit card.

If I purchase a ticket completely with travel funds...

You'll receive a refund in the form of travel funds (with the June 30, 2021 expiration). All refunds go back to the original form of purchase, except Southwest gift cards which are refunded as travel funds.