Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Change Dates of Travel

bobelee
Explorer C

I have booked wanna get away tickets for the end of February, however will not be able to use them. i want to change dates to December but online reservations only go out to August.

What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change Dates of Travel

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

What was your original purchase date for the Feb flight?  You only have one year from the original date of purchase to use all travel funds from that conformation number.  If you purchased it before Dec 2016 the credit will have expired. 

Southwest is currently accepting air reservations through August 14, 2017. On February 23, 2017 they will open the schedule for sale through September 29, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

bobelee
Explorer C

Purchases on 1/3/2017.

So when I cancel these how do I rebook for december? Does system know I cancelled the Feb. Tickets and sets up a credit to use?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Yes, you'll have a credit online using the six-digit code and your name. Just make sure the expiration dates will work.

Keep an eye on the schedule so that you can book right away when the new dates are released and get another Wanna Get Away fare.

At that time you'll have the credit applied and pay any difference in fare. (Or retain credit if the future flight is cheaper.)

David

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.