Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Contacting Customer Service

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Did you ever get an answer?

For anyone else reading this, there is a 24-hour period where you should call back and ask to cancel.

Don't try to re-book! It only confuses things to try and do both, if the customer service is able to change the flight then it becomes non-refundable, a number of mix-ups can occur.

Cancel within 24 hours, then rebook online with the corrected information.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Tammyc
Explorer C

What is the position called checking in people for flights !??

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Tammyc

It is called "Check In Agent" or if you are at the gate, it is called "Boarding Agent"

Lrg55
Explorer C

This is my 11 flight with delays of up to an hour or more.  I expect quality service at a quality price.  To many delays with revenue loss due to SW delayed schedule.  To many appointments were lost.  Todays flight to Boston on flight #1960 now will be 2 hours late.  Lost of revenue due to company appointments set and now lost.  Another wasted trip, thanks SW.

You need to work hard if you want to continue receiving business from my sales force and myself.

Plan and simple, I'm tired of it and so are other customers.  You truly will not know what it is like to lose revenue due to missed appointments.  Maybe when the pink slips are handed out.  That probably won't work because you complain it was the companies fault.

Become a professional company.

bec102896
Aviator A

@Lrg55

i would recommend calling southwest customer relations at 855-234-4654 and talk to someone there about your recent flight delays I know they are no fun but they are the best with helping making things right with lengthy delays if they are Southwest's fault you could also send an email from the southwest website by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of the homepage.

I would also recommend editing your post to remove your email and rapid rewards number which is for your own protection as they won't be able to resolve customer service issues here.

hope this helps

Blake 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Lrg55,

I'm going to edit your post to remove your personal identifying information. The Southwest Community is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, so while we agree that delayed flights are frustrating and you deserve better, we aren't able to address Customer Service issues here. Please reach out to our Customer Relations Department on Twitter (@Southwestair) or at the phone number posted by @bec102896.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Lrg55

Amen!

Butterfly620
Explorer C

I would Like to speak to the station manager his name is either Steven or Joe out of Islip airport. I have contacted numerous people and I’ll give me the runaround and don’t want to help I’m not appreciating this at all considering what I just went through on a flight and it needs to be addressed ASAP

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Butterfly620

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. You might want to call Gary Kelly at:(214) 792-4000 or write him at: Gary Kelly C/O Southwest Airlines Co. 2702 Love Field Drive. Dallas, Texas 75235.

Hope this will helps you. 

pethaven2834
Explorer C

We previously purchased Original Flight #VHIT76 departing PHL @ 6am to MCO for arrival @ 08:35am on 12/22/18. I recieved a text message 2 hours prior to airport arrival the flight was cancelled, however flight on line stated ONTIME. Parking voucher for $66 was previously purchased for trip. Our travel party of (5) arrived at 3:30am to PHL & were told upon arrival the flight VHIT76 was cancelled [supposedly due to mechanical issues] & I was dismissed by counter clerk w/o resolve!

When I questioned what we were to do,other reservations had already been made for the trip, I was told it was not SWA's issue, but mine & the only consoliation to be given to me was a $100 voucher that I argued up to $200 ea. I was advised that while I was "complaining" the only flight available to get us to MCO by 5:30pm with 5 seats was now not available. I was told the only flight (in southwest) that could get us to MCO that day was leaving out of BWI at 10 am. BWI is 2 hours away not including gas $50, $26 in tolls & $65 in additional parking fees.

We drove to BWI & arrived by 7am Upon check in at BWI we were told the 10 am flight was over booked by 1, next available flight#584 to New Hampshire /MCO was @ 2:04 pm. [this flight was delayed 3 times also due to mechanical issues]We FINALLY left BWI at 5:30pm with another $200 voucher. Flight to New Hampshire continue to MCO, arrived at our resort at 1:30 am on 12/23/18 (18 hours late!) We lost a day in the Disney Parks that we paid $100/day/5ppl & a day at the resort that we paid $230/day! Upon arrival at MCO we received an email with another $200 voucher (totalling $600 ea) for future flights. We had saved for over a year to afford this vacation. Through no fault of Disney did we miss the the day in the park. We sat in BWI and delt with an extremely rude counter clerk named Serrica that refused to call bagage to find out luggage so we could make the 2pm flight. Not until supervisor Winsome was called, did she find & expidite our sitiation to get us on the 5:30 flight. $3000 in flight compensation that expires in 1 year does nothing for me when we already had this trip saved for. We lost time & tickets for the park. I would like those costs reembursed. When I called CS relations line, supervisor Shy was extremely rude at 8am and stated that no compensation would be given to us beyond the $600 unless we chose to cancel the return flight from MCO netting us $875 and stranding us in MCO. Why does SWA think its acceptable to give future flight passes and think we are going to use them when the original plane - TWO of them, were delayed due to MECHANICAL issues!?? Why would I get back on a SWA flight..Im not happy that I have another PAID flight coming up in Febuary with them again. Cant wait to sit in the airport for another DELAYED flight!