Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Contacting Customer Service

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, delays and cancellations are simply a reality of air travel -- on any airline. While there's never any excuse for rudeness, I'd say that the $600 per person goodwill gesture is very generous -- considering that you are owed nothing except a refund of unused airfare. Hopefully you'll take advantage of the credits and have a better experience next time.

olddbray
Explorer C

That's an absolute joke and a farse for a business model.  You know fine you are providing shoddy servie and have a HUGE number of customer complaints and this is your way of hiding!!  Reminds me of a certain president - contact us on twitter and Facebook where we will have some poorly paid customer service reps in India reply to you.  No wonder the stock price is decreasing the last 2 years.  Businesses that have a good service gladly provide an email address, the only reason you don't is because of the sheer volume of complaints you will get.  And for good reason.  We are a family who have personal and business SW cards and have flown for years.  Your hotel dept recently gave us a "special rate" after booking our flights, it was special all right it was 30% higher than the hotels site and 5 other travel sites.  When we called to change it, we were told by SW they could not find the booking and they transferred us to booking.com (didn't know you were in bed with them) and they couldn't find it either, and the hotel couldn't find it.  2 days later we are told we called the wrong SW customer Serivce number (hotels), yet there's no separation on your website for service numbers.  You are not only losing a family who gave you a lot of business but also our staff who travel and my blogs / social media (over 150,000) will all be made well aware.  It's so bad I would rather fly Spirit than with SW in 2019!!

ID10T-error
Explorer C

Wow.

After reading your diatribe filled with delusions of self-importance, I think I'd rather you fly Spirit in 2019 also.

Have fun!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Wow, you sure are unhappy.  Sorry to hear that Southwest turned your milk sour.

Anyway, let's take a shot at a few of your points

@olddbray wrote:

That's an absolute joke and a farse for a business model.  You know fine you are providing shoddy servie and have a HUGE number of customer complaints and this is your way of hiding!!  Reminds me of a certain president - contact us on twitter and Facebook where we will have some poorly paid customer service reps in India reply to you.

Actually, Southwest has the highest customer service rating of any US based airline. Do a web search and you'll see for yourself.

No wonder the stock price is decreasing the last 2 years.  

Actually, no airline has done well over the last two years. Southwest did better than Jet Blue and American, about the same as Delta, and a bit worse than United. Again, check for yourself.

Businesses that have a good service gladly provide an email address, the only reason you don't is because of the sheer volume of complaints you will get.  And for good reason.

Actually, the good reason it doesn't is because the airline would get covered in spam - preventing real passengers from being heard. You want to send an e-mail?  See the words "contact us" at the bottom left of this page. Click on it and then look at the top left of the ensuing page. Yup, you CAN send n e-mail.  

We are a family who have personal and business SW cards and have flown for years.  Your hotel dept recently gave us a "special rate" after booking our flights, it was special all right it was 30% higher than the hotels site and 5 other travel sites.  When we called to change it, we were told by SW they could not find the booking and they transferred us to booking.com (didn't know you were in bed with them) and they couldn't find it either, and the hotel couldn't find it.  2 days later we are told we called the wrong SW customer Serivce number (hotels), yet there's no separation on your website for service numbers.

Actually, Southwest hasn't had anything to do with hotel bookings in quite a while.  It offers hotel (and rent car) options so that there is one stop shopping for anyone that wants that. Southwest tells you the hotel deal right the at top of the hotel booking page where it says : 

"In partnership with

Booking.com Logo"

You are not only losing a family who gave you a lot of business but also our staff who travel and my blogs / social media (over 150,000) will all be made well aware.  It's so bad I would rather fly Spirit than with SW in 2019!!

Well, you have to decide whether or not what Southwest did to you was so grievous that you want to fly Spirit -- with it's seat, beverage, luggage, ticket change, ticket cancellation, etc fees -- as well as lots less flight frequency. If you decide to fly Spirit, I wish you well. Feel free to come back if it turns out to be too good to be true. 

E200736
Explorer C

My daughters’ flight to San Francisco was moved from June 10th to the 9th, without our prior consent. That is unacceptable.

i tried to call southwest, but was put on hold for 40 minutes, without any assistance.

somebody needs to call me.

Helmut 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@E200736 wrote:

My daughters’ flight to San Francisco was moved from June 10th to the 9th, without our prior consent. That is unacceptable.

i tried to call southwest, but was put on hold for 40 minutes, without any assistance.

somebody needs to call me at 401-391-5153.

Helmut Nadich

Since this is a customer forum, it is unlikely that  a Southwest employee will call you because of  request made here.

Instead try customer relations M-F normal business hours

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

Better yet, try to fix this yourself. Since the airline switched flights, it also gave you the ability

to change to something better at no charge. The only rule is that the new flight must be between the same two. cities. Log on to the website and pick "change flight" to see what is available. 

Maxm
Explorer C

I have reached out multiple times on this. A SWA pilot keeps spamming me about hunting expeditions.  Ridiculous. Please reign in your staff.  

Here's his latest spam:

September is tomorrow. We have only 12.5 weeks until our hunt. So far I have made three trips up north. What I have seen is lots of water. Rain almost daily. Elk are moving everywhere. The elk rut has started. I am thinking that the rut will follow historic timelines. I think that the rut will end by the third week in September. After the rut the cow elk will bunch together in larger herds. Once those herds are more established we will be able to track the better. The good news is that there is a lot of food and water. So the herds will not roam as much in search of food or water. The areas can support larger groups elk. So unless they are driven out of an area by pressure, we can expect the herds to stay to a particular area. Also, we will be able to harvest more than one elk per engagement. If we play our cards right. 

i just came from sportsman warehouse in mesa. They have good quantities of gear. they are in full hunting season mode now. By this time, everyone should have most items they need. Start getting the final bits of kit now. It will only more scarce from here on. We have three more seasons of elk and two deer seasons between now and December. The next thing that we are gong to plan for is sighting in weapons and two more elk scouting trips. I have not heard too many things from the group thus far so I am going to "assume" everyone has got their things in order. Furthermore, I must stress that everyone needs to be physically fit for this hunt. Expect many miles of hiking and packing out elk. 

Costco has had the food saver bags on sale. Start buying that stuff up before it disappears. If memory serves me, I think that two to three boxes of food saver rolls will do one elk. We can look at the freezer paper later. Walmart usually stocks that and it is fairly in expensive. Perhaps Butcher Pete Mitalis can chime in here on processing.

We really need to start communicating what the accommodations will be. I need to know so that we can start selecting spots. We will need a few spots lined up so that we are flexible when the times come. Our base camp will be dependent on the herbs and how big of a space we need. So please start communicating what your plans are. If we can streamline things amongst the group that will make things better. Let's try to not pack duplicate or triple of the same items if we can. The easier the campsite, the better. So start discussing..........

Let me know as soon as you can. Last minute planning for elk hunting usually does not work out very well. My plan is to be prepared. Our success rate is directly related to our planning. We have 9 tags to fill. We can do it but we need to get as much done as soon as possible. Let's not cheat out someone from our group by not being prepared. We can make it happen but we ALL need to prepare. Do not be the weak link.

Al Timpauer
Southwest Airlines
B737 Pilot

dfwskier
Aviator A

Pardon my skepticism, but ANYONE can claim to be someone else  -- in this case

Al Timpauer
Southwest Airlines
B737 Pilot

If Big Al was sending that to prospective members of a hunting party , do you really think he would have put

Southwest Airlines
B737 Pilot

in his message? Why?

Why don't you tell us exactly how Big Al   contacted you.

Something smells awfully fishy.

Thaiyananthan
Explorer C

Can someone also please forward me any information on how to contact customer service to lodge a complaint.  I called but was directed to website but can't find the information to escalate a complaint.

franktravel
Aviator B

You can try this 

Southwest Airlines Headquarters Info

Phone Number: Call 1-214-792-4000 to reach Southwest Airlines corporate office.

image.png