Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer rep says my travel funds that expire june 2 will get extended!! YAY!!

callyouout
Explorer B

THANK YOU SOUTHWEST! I hope i'm not prematurely celebrating, but after speaking with a customer service rep, finally got some music to my ears. since I was supposed to travel over spring break and couldn't, they are still going to extend my funds even though they expire June 2 because I was supposed to travel during corona. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Customer rep says my travel funds that expire june 2 will get extended!! YAY!!

dfwskier
Aviator A

That's great!!!

Congratulations.

Re: Customer rep says my travel funds that expire june 2 will get extended!! YAY!!

ckokinda
Explorer C

Dear callyouout

Do your travel funds in your account now say June 2021?  I have funds that still say

they expire on May 29, 2020 from a flight I canceled on March 6th?  Is someone from SW

going to go into everyone's trv account and change the expiration dates?  Since you cancelled near when I cancelled just wondering if your funds now say 2021? 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@ckokinda wrote:

Dear callyouout

Do your travel funds in your account now say June 2021?  I have funds that still say

they expire on May 29, 2020 from a flight I canceled on March 6th?  Is someone from SW

going to go into everyone's trv account and change the expiration dates?  Since you cancelled near when I cancelled just wondering if your funds now say 2021? 

Southwest is still saying it will take several weeks for those expiration dates to be updated, fyi.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@ckokinda The extension for my travel funds has not been processed either. I talked with the Twitter team at SW, and the were not sure when it would be processed but assured me it would. Stay tuned!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

jksobonya
Aviator A

That's great!

--Jessica