Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

DON'T APPLY TRAVEL FUNDS OF SMALL AMOUNTS!

tiffmonaco
Explorer C

I have recently donated $189 to Southwest Airlines because I applied $2.00 in unused travel fund for a ticket for my son who is in the military.  When I had to cancel the flight because his schedule changed, the entire amount of the ticket, not just the $2.00 of unused funds, expired at the same date as the original.  I was not aware of this.  I thought that only the carried forward travel funds were subject to the original expiration date.  Unfortunately the person I spoke with tonight, Setara, "the extension of customer relations and the highest point of contact" said that there was no one else above her who I could speak with to address this issue, despite the fact that our son is in the military and his travel plans were subject to change.   Very disappointed in SWA policy for military personnel.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: DON'T APPLY TRAVEL FUNDS OF SMALL AMOUNTS!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Ouch, that's unfortunate, but it is the way travel funds work.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: DON'T APPLY TRAVEL FUNDS OF SMALL AMOUNTS!

jksobonya
Aviator A

In this case, I don't think the $ amount of the funds matter, but the expiration date of the original ticket. 

Are you saying that when you cancelled your flight you were not able to use the funds because they expired before you could use them?

--Jessica