Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Different Confirmation #s for Adult and Toddler Because Booked Separately -- Join Confirmation #s?

satribbett
Explorer C

Hello,

My wife and I booked our flights in January for a trip in May with the intent of traveling with our <2 year old (by May) daughter on one of our laps. We have since made the decision to purchase her an adult seat and travel with an FAA-approved child restraint (car seat) - the infant rate was 2.5x that of the cheapest adult fare. I recently made her reservation to fly with us with her own seat, so a separate confirmation number. I entered my flight info to ensure that she was not marked as an unaccompanied minor. All three tickets were purchased using Rapid Reward points. Now to the questions!

Is it possible for me to combine my <2 year old daughter's reservation with my wife and I's so that I only need to do one check-in? Having to do two separate check-ins would increase the odds that we may have trouble being seated together, meaning just one of us next to her at a minimum.

If not, is there another option other than paying for early-bird boarding for our daughter, my wife and I checking-in (later, our daughter), and then have our daughter with us when we board?

I have a feeling that since I "booked with reward points" I do not have an option other than taking my chances with boarding or purchasing early-bird. I travel (fly) once or twice a year so I am continuing to learn the ins and outs.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Different Confirmation #s for Adult and Toddler Because Booked Separately -- Join Confirmation #

franktravel
Aviator B

Family boarding.

An adult traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.

You would board after the A's and have seats together.