Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink coupon

arcelihendricks
Explorer C

I have several drink coupons which expire 8/31/18.  I flew Southwest in January and tried to use one of the drink coupons and the stewardess told me that they don't take coupons inflight. So where should I be using these coupons?

Will be taking another trip in August and would like to use them then.  Can someone please let me know how?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Drink coupon

kerrigjl
Explorer A

Odd, they definitely take the coupons (un-expired, which it sounds like yours are) in flight. Try again in August.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

Southwest does take drink coupons in flight. I can only think  a few reasons a flight attendant would refuse to take your drink coupon.

1) Southwest sets aside 6-8 days  year to celebrate various events, and on those days drinks are free (no coupons needed)

2) If a flight is seriously delayed (say more than an hour), Southwest lets anyone that wants alcohol to get the drink -- again no coupon needed.

3) Maybe the flight duration was so short that the FA thought there would not be time to mix drinks.

As was already said, try again on your next flight.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@arcelihendricks wrote:

I have several drink coupons which expire 8/31/18.  I flew Southwest in January and tried to use one of the drink coupons and the stewardess told me that they don't take coupons inflight. So where should I be using these coupons?

Will be taking another trip in August and would like to use them then.  Can someone please let me know how?

I feel like something is missing from the story - did you end up getting a beverage and paying for it with cash, or else not paying for it?

They don't take cash inflight, was that maybe what she thought you were asking? That seems to be the most likely misunderstanding.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Yeah sometimes there’s no drink service due to weather or timing of the flight! But you should be Able to use them in August !