Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird and flight cancelled

cameliagrass
Explorer C

I bought Early Bird and had to cancel my flight. Why isn't the $$ I paid for EB transferred to my account with the fare?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Early Bird and flight cancelled

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/faqs.html?topic=earlybird_checkin

Is EarlyBird Check-In refundable? 

All EarlyBird Check-In purchases are nonrefundable. Customers who cancel their flight will forfeit the previously purchased EarlyBird Check-In option for that particular flight.

In the event that a flight is cancelled by Southwest, the EarlyBird Check-In purchased for the cancelled flight will be refunded.

colleenmaryfitz
Explorer C

My flight was cancelled Monday morning and I have not been reimbursed my early bird payment. They weren't able to tell when I would be either.  When I asked after they rebooked me at the airport why I moved from the A group to the C group I was just told I was rebooked. It wasn't my fault the flight was cancelled. I actually told them (southwest customer service) it had been cancelled. I know it was early but these ladies were rude about the whole process. When I had inquired if my bags would end up with me it was an up in the air reply.... I usually think Southwest is AWESOME in regards to customer service however not so much this time. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Pro Tip: To retain EarlyBird Check-In, in the future don't cancel -- rebook to a "dummy" flight at some point in the future that's approximately the same fare. Then rebook that itinerary when you know what flight you actually need.