Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expiration Date Travel Funds - Round Trip Ticket

CK_PIT
Explorer C

Good Afternoon! 

I have travel funds that are set to expire Sept 23, 2020.  I am looking to purchase a roundtrip ticket that leaves Sept 22, 2020 but will not return until Sept 25, 2020.  Am I able to apply funds to this purchase or would I need to purchase separate one way tickets. 

Thanks so much for any insight! 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Expiration Date Travel Funds - Round Trip Ticket

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Travel purchased with travel funds must be completed before the expiration date. In your case you could book and pay for the outbound flight on Sept 22 with travel funds, but the return flight would need to be booked as a separate one way and paid for with cash or a different travel fund with a later expiration date.

--TheMiddleSeat

Explorer B

Your screwed! They don’t care! Never spend anymore money with SW.

I asked yesterday to extend my due date 30 days, they said NO!

Just buy the most expensive one way ticket to get your miles. Give your miles away and book flights on other airlines. I have $800 in credits … I speed $10,000 a year in airfare going forward and change credit cards…

I just signed up with Frontier and the fares are cheaper better flight times and their rewards program looks very good. I didn’t need the two back three and I don’t miss any flights. Thank you to Southwest for sitting on their best customers

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Frontier?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Good luck!

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Frontier?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Good luck!

I agree.

Come back in 6-12 months and tell us how you feel about Frontier.

What are the joys f Frontier?

1) Carry on bag -- yup you pay

2) Checked bag -- yup you pay

3) Cancel/change a flight -- yup you pay

4) Reserve a seat or take what's left at the airport - yup you pay - how lucky are you?

5) In flight snacks and beverages -- yup you pay

Actually Frontier and SW customers have already spoken <SW is best and Frontier is 1 up from the worst:

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-north-america-airline-satisfaction-study

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi @161069484 , we're sincerely sorry for letting you down. As a peer to peer support forum, we can't look into your situation, but I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations for assistance in case there's anything they can do. 

Nicole
Community Manager