Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Extending expiration date for travel fund (Confirmation: PHON8T - Cancelled due to the pandemic)

anhkhanhhuynh
Explorer C

Hi Southwest Customer Service Team,

Due to the pandemic and travel ban from Australian government, our group of 6 people have no choice but need to cancel our trip to Hawaii (Southwest airfare tickets / Confirmation ).

Thanks Southwest for letting us to cancel and reward with the travel fund, however, the expiration date is 02-Nov-2020.  

I found that Southwest just recently update the refund policy due to this pandemic as they extend the expiration date for travel fund to June 30, 2021

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Blog/Policy-Update-amp-Clarification-Extending-Travel-Credi...

If possible, would you please update the expiration for out travel fund (Confirmation ) and let us know when completed.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Anh Khanh HUYNH

1 REPLY 1

Re: Extending expiration date for travel fund (Confirmation: PHON8T - Cancelled due to the pandemic)

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@anhkhanhhuynh 

First off for your protection please edit your post to remove your confirmation number as this is a public forum and you don't want the wrong person to get ahold of this. 

With regards to the travel fund extension it's my understanding that any new travel fund created because of a flight you cancel between March and May will expire June 30th 2021. It will take some time (a few weeks) for Southwest to update the expiration date so I'd check back on your travel funds once things settle down. 

-Blake