Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Booking

shubham2892
Explorer C

What should I put my name, I don't have a last name on the passport and two word first name.

GivenName:

Shubham Goyal

Surname:

(blank)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight Booking

dfwskier
Aviator A

Good question - that I don't have answer for. This is a customer to customer forum, and I think you need an offical answer from the airline.

Thus, my suggestion would be to e-mail the airline. To do so click on contact us at the bottom of this page, and then pick e-mail from the coices listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@shubham2892 wrote:

What should I put my name, I don't have a last name on the passport and two word first name.

GivenName:

Shubham Goyal

Surname:

(blank)

How far out is your trip? My understanding is that you can fly without a surname. You should contact Southwest directly to confirm but most likely you'll fill out your ticket to be the same as your passport.

However, depending what you are doing in the USA and how long you'll be here, there could be some consideration in terms of name on a visa that you may want to have a passport from your country to show a first and last name which will simplify other forms of correspondence that would be based on your naming in a visa.

Here is an article on the topic that may help explain:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-do-you-do-fnu-some-in-u-s-handle-just-one-name-1458594616

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

harjit81
Explorer C

I had similar query for booking flight with Southwest and called the airlines just now.

They asked me to put the First name in the Last name field as well. 

So For you it will be:

First Name: Shubham Goyal

Last Name: Shubham Goyal