Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Change Questions

Mel921
Explorer C

I am looking at booking flights from a city about an hour away because the cost is significantly lower.  From the research I've done, if the flight price drops for a WGA flight, I can "change" the flight and get credit for the difference to use at a later time.  

What if I find a more affordable flight out of my city instead?  Can I change the entire flight without penalty?  

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Flight Change Questions

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Yes.  In fact, you can cancel the whole trip and get the amount you paid as a travel fund and apply that towards an entirely new reservation.  Only reason you would want to change instead of cancel a reservation is to keep EarlyBird Check-In on the reservation.  If you cancel, EarlyBird goes away and you don't get a refund for that.  If you don't purchase EBCI then you can change or cancel/rebook, it all ends up the same.  You may already know, but just to be clear, the travel funds you get are good for one year from the date you initially purchased the reservation and must be used by the same traveler(s) as was on the original reservation.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!