Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Change for a minor with no RR

jkdendy
Explorer C

I booked a ticket to see Grandma for myself and two 14 year olds for spring break but had to change dates.  Neither child has a RR acct.  I just changed the flight booking to late May due to CV.  The credit for the children's ticket did not get put into my Travel Funds.  I am out about $400 in credit.  It did not prompt me and made me think the whole credit would be deposited but no!  After digging through the details it appears that is because they don't have a RR#.  Grateful they allow the change, but I feel cheated.   It easily could have prompted me for the missing info... Any suggestions or ideas on how to pursue getting my rightful credit in Travel Funds?  TIA!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight Change for a minor with no RR

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

The funds are still there, but in each child's name.

SW only issues travel funds to the travelers who are on the ticket, and not to the person that bought the ticket

Try using this and you should find them:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

Hint: you might want to get each of them a Rapid Rewards number. It would make things easier.

Re: Flight Change for a minor with no RR

bec102896
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Hint: you might want to get each of them a Rapid Rewards number. It would make things easier.

I agree! it's free and it's never to early to start earning points for a free flight later on and points don't expire so even if they only fly once a year or every few years they will still keep the points.