Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Florida Residents Visiting New York for Easter and Returning to FLA

jmike91250
Explorer C

I was planning on flying from Tampa to Buffalo NY on April 9 to visit my family for the Easter weekend.  I planned on returning to TPA Florida (and my residence) on April 14.  First of all, can I go, and secondly, what happens when I return to TPA?  Do they let me get in my car and drive home?  Do they make me sign something that I will self-quarantine for 14 days once I get home?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Florida Residents Visiting New York for Easter and Returning to FLA

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Hopefully this article will answer your question.  It def looks like you would be placed under a mandatory quarantine.

More detail directly from the governor's website here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

I wonder if you change your flight to have a layover if you would be exempt since your arrival flight would be from somewhere else. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

I wonder if you change your flight to have a layover if you would be exempt since your arrival flight would be from somewhere else. 

That wouldn't be the most ethical thing to do, since the purpose of the restriction is to prevent the spread of the virus from a  virus hotspot.

bec102896
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@bec102896 wrote:

That wouldn't be the most ethical thing to do, since the purpose of the restriction is to prevent the spread of the virus from a  virus hotspot.

Of course it wouldn't be the most ethical thing to do however Some will probably do it anyways unfortunately. That would be a stat that I would like to see: how many changed flights to get around the rule. we had a similar rule put in to place in Texas today as well I'm sure more states will follow.