Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I'm flabbergasted right now.....new schedule

Yzguy
Explorer A

I have been ready for weeks for 10/30 to book my tickets to San Juan next May.  I was up early, nothing new on their website, check every 15-30 minutes.  Still nothing new...  Checked at 0805 and every 'get away' fair for the entire week is grayed out when we wanted to travel. It's $560 one way.  In other words, there is no good deal.  I'm shocked that every single fair that week is this high.  Looks like we will not be flying on SW for this one.  

Disappointed,

Yzguy : /

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I'm flabbergasted right now.....new schedule

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Yzguy wrote:

I have been ready for weeks for 10/30 to book my tickets to San Juan next May.  I was up early, nothing new on their website, check every 15-30 minutes.  Still nothing new...  Checked at 0805 and every 'get away' fair for the entire week we wanted to travel is $560 one way.  In other words, there is no good deal.  I'm shocked that every single fair that week is this high.  Looks like we will not be flying on SW for this one.  

Disappointed,

Yzguy : /

My advice to you would be to keep checking.

When a new schedule drops, Southwest frequently prices flights to desirable locations / desirable dates high. SOmetimes it does not even make Wanna Get Away fares available.

As time passes, if tickets are not selling at the rate the airline expects, it sometimes lowers fares.

Will that happen in your case? I dunno.

Good luck

Re: I'm flabbergasted right now.....new schedule

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Indeed we have seen other examples where trying to book immediately after the schedule release only yields higher fares.  I also echo the advice to wait.

Over the past year, I have kept an eye on certain international flights, and I have seen wild swings in pricing based on whatever sales SW was running at any given moment.  

I feel very confident you will see better pricing.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder