Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Item left on Plane

CMR11
Explorer C

We are seeking the return of a Samsung Note 3 left on a Southwest (flight 3826) plane 1-19-2019 coming from Atlanta to Oakland then going to New York. So far no help from Southwest nor Oakland airport.    Airport say they send to Alabama within 24 hours.  Southwest said they have not found.  Maybe it’s still on the plane??? This is a special need use for my grandkids.  The case is a black like a wallet.  The phone is black with a phone number to call and other writing in silver/grey.   I pray people do what’s good and return phone.   

Many suggestions????

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Item left on Plane

dfwskier
Aviator A

I know it's frustrating and maddening, but the best suggestion is to let the process work. There's no way I know of to speed it up.

If you filled out a lost item report and provided sufficient detail (make/model/serial number, etc), there 's a good chance the airline will find your item -- if another passenger didn't take it.

The company deals with tens of thousands of lost item's every year. There is not a way the company can provide personal service to tens of thousands of people. The items go to a central location where it tries to mtach items found with items reported lost. 

Just looked at your comment again. It seems you are not sure whether you left it on the plane or in the airport? It's unlikely to still be on a plane 10+ days later.

Hope your item is returned...

CMR11
Explorer C

@dfwskier wrote:

I know it's frustrating and maddening, but the best suggestion is to let the process work. There's no way I know of to speed it up.

If you filled out a lost item report and provided sufficient detail (make/model/serial number, etc), there 's a good chance the airline will find your item -- if another passenger didn't take it.

The company deals with tens of thousands of lost item's every year. There is not a way the company can provide personal service to tens of thousands of people. The items go to a central location where it tries to mtach items found with items reported lost. 

Just looked at your comment again. It seems you are not sure whether you left it on the plane or in the airport? It's unlikely to still be on a plane 10+ days later.

Hope your item is returned...

Thank you for your kind words.  I know it was left on plane 2 to 3 seats behind wing on left side of plane. I sat at window and grand daughter sat in middle seat.  I believe like a credit card or keys you drop on side of car seat.  You can’t see it but it’s there.  Then you move seat and there it is.   It has my name and address and phone number on it.   I will keep hope alive because pictures are not replaceable since mom is deceased.    I believe in good of the human race.   May God be with us all for the safety and humanitarian acts of goodness.

CMR11
Explorer C

Thank you you for listening and advice from your own experience unfortunately someone who has authority at Southwest and the airport needs to change procedures for items left at airport or planes.

How about tagging items with dates, airport, airline name, flight number and time with destinations, and area found.   List by dates with airline.  Maybe a start because what is procedure for finding what is lost??? The item???