Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Itemized Invoice

Explorer C

I booked a roundtrip and paid with personal funds. Rather than cancel entire flight and rebook separately, I edited the return flight to another destination. That leg of the trip is a business trip. I need an itemized invoice for that leg of the trip to be reimbursed from my employer. How can I get an itemized invoice for one leg of a trip?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Itemized Invoice

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

I would use the Contact Us link below to call SW (or 1-800 I Fly SWA) directly and request that be sent.  I had to have one once before, and I had the best luck over the phone.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Phone hold times are still pretty outrageous, so you might want to reach out via Twitter.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@169907802 wrote:

I booked a roundtrip and paid with personal funds. Rather than cancel entire flight and rebook separately, I edited the return flight to another destination. That leg of the trip is a business trip. I need an itemized invoice for that leg of the trip to be reimbursed from my employer. How can I get an itemized invoice for one leg of a trip?

For next time, call to have the flight changed to only keep the first leg, and receive travel funds for the remaining balance - then use the travel funds towards the reimbursed leg of the trip to automatically get itemized flights. 

Or better yet, always book one-ways!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.