Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ladt three flights cancelked

Beachbum12
Explorer C

Hello..i am new to this ..Welcome to everyone I just want to know if anyone else is having problems with flights they're booking in advance and having them canceled. the last three trips I've had they have cancelled my flights..when they canceled this last one they changed me from  3 hour 45 minute total flight to 9 hours and 15 minutes. I actually have to fly out the night before and book a hotel room because I hsve a meeting already scheduled and would get in too late.. it is becoming very frustrating I know they have grounded some of the Planes.. they shouldn't be putting those flights up if they're not sure they're going to be available.. I've always liked Southwest but I'm starting to get frustrated with it has anyone else been having this issue

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ladt three flights cancelked

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Beachbum12 

Sorry to hear your last 3 flights were cancelled. No one likes cancellations but they do happen some in the airlines control others are out of the airlines control (weather). If your flight is cancelled you have the ability to make one free change no fare difference required to any flight you want (within 14 days and same city pairs) so if you have any other flights cancel in the future I would look up the flight schedule for the day and see if a better option is available than the one you are given. 

If you would like to discuss your recent flight cancellations with southwest directly I would reach out though one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint   

hope your future flights are delay and cancellation free

Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your travel troubles.

When a flight is cancelled, the airline puts you on the next "available" flight. It can't put you on a flight that has no available seats. All airlines do the best they can with the seat inventory available to them. Sometimes the accommodation is not good.

Frequent travelers know that they can get cancelled. I had one 3 week stretch last winter where I had 4 flights cancelled, and that turned into an 8 week stretch where I was cancelled 5 times. It happens.

I've not been cancelled in the 10 months since that stretch.

Beachbum12
Explorer C

I appreciate replies to my last three flights being cancelled ... where my frustration lies is that when Southwest post these flights months in advance they should be positive that the max are going to be up and running .. I feel that they should not even have these flights available until they know the max are good to go because the public is basing their vacations ...work trips ect on these times..once you book you are bound to southwest to reschedule or keep a credit..i just feel it is not right to offer flights that you know already may not be available...i understand it comes down to the bottom dollar and they stand to lose a lot of money if they have to cut their flights at the beginning..but in the long run they will lose customers  for all these inconveniences..i feel it is like booking an event at a place and the owner knows it will be closing its doors but still take yout deposit

dfwskier
Aviator A

Airlines rely  information from Boeing to determine when MAXs will return to service. If that information turns out to be wrong, airlines have to adjust.

SW just pulled MAXs out of the schedule beginning in APRIL.

You think it is unreasonable to give passengers 3  to 6  MONTHS notice of a flight change?  

You should be able to find an alternative that far in advance, and you can get your money back if you want to (even for  nonrefundable tickets).

United ,American, Alaska et all are all doing the same thing.