Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Left RX glasses on plane

Shell1958
Explorer C

I left my prescription glasses on flight 521 on 8/17/2019 from Cancun to Fort Lauderdale, FL. I realized this just after I stepped off the plane and the TSA ee's would not let me back on the plane to retrieve them. They claim to have looked and said nothing was found! Possibly a passenger picked them up and if so I would hope they would turn them in as they obviously are not any good to no one else. To date 8/27/2019 I have received 2 automated emails from SWA with, "I'm sorry your item has not been found" I am 200% sure they were on that flight (521) SWA only claims to search for your for 30 days. I'm so frustrated and upset that I was not able to go back in the plane! These EE's have no compassion! Now I'm out $665.00! I would if a passenger picked them up would have turned them in to lost and found. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Left RX glasses on plane

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear that you lost your glasses..

It sounds like you have filed a lost item report. Make sure you included all identifying info possible: frame color, brand name of frame, if in a case include the same info. If you did not include that kind of info in your initial report, amend it to include it.

You might want to file at the airport lost and found too.

Now the only thing you can do is wait to see if they show up.

Good luck.