Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Ipad Mini

Oconnell620
Explorer B

How many times do we need to hear not to put items in the pocket of the seat?! With 3 young kids, it happens.  We left our iPad mini on flight 2485 from MDW to OKC, Thursday Nov 21st.  I filled out lost and found, but also doing anything possible to try and find it! Wishful thinking I will get it back, but my hopes are fading.  

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Lost Ipad Mini

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you didn't originally do it, provide the serial number of the lost item.

There's a reasonable probability that you'll get it back. The serial number greatly enhances that probability.

Oconnell620
Explorer B

I did, thank you! 🤞🏻

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Oconnell620 if it's returned to you are you able to come back to the forums to share the timing?  Reports from others seem to show it takes about 10 days or so to receive good news from the time a serial number is added to the report.

It will help us to help others (most of us are customers) if you follow up here 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Customer | Home airport DCA

Oconnell620
Explorer B

I will absolutely update this discussion if I hear back.  I left the iPad on airplane 4 days ago (Thursday night) but added the serial number to lost and found form this (Monday) morning. 

Oconnell620
Explorer B

Two days after added serial number I got an email saying no luck finding iPad, but they will continue to try.  😢

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Oconnell620 wrote:

Two days after added serial number I got an email saying no luck finding iPad, but they will continue to try.  😢

Found items are sent to a central location in Alabama. I don't know how they make their way to that spot.  It's possible that your item is still enroute.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

We're all rooting for your lost iPad to be found, @Oconnell620! Wings crossed.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Oconnell620
Explorer B

After 3 more emails, the iPad was never found.  😢  

sad we have people in this world who take things they know were someone else's. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Don't give up hope.

It can take up to 30 days to reunite lost items with their owners.