Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost iPad Mini: Flight Indianapolis to Baltimore

blopez
Explorer C

Hello!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I believe I left my iPad Mini on Sunday November 24th 2019 on flight number 3501 from Indianapolis, IN to Baltimore, MD. I have already made a Report on the Southwest website. So far it has not been found and I would like to share here as well.

iPad Description:

Black SPECK brand case. The lock screen has a gray whale and white background. It has a clear protective film on the display with a few long “cracks” (it’s really the film that’s cracked and NOT the display itself). When facing the cabin as you’re boarding, I sat probably 5-10th row on the right hand side next to the window. Maybe it fell in between the seat and window? Or the pouch?

Thank you for your help!

/Brenda

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Lost iPad Mini: Flight Indianapolis to Baltimore

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Make sure everything you said here is included in the online report, and also if you have the serial number saved somewhere add that to the report as well, that seems to be a strong variable for those that have come back on the community to say that they retrieved their electronics items.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

blopez
Explorer C

Thank you for your reply 🙂

Yes, I copied and pasted the info I have on the online report onto this Discussion. On the online report I do have the serial number on there as well 🙂

/Brenda

PS: Although I made the Report same day I left my iPad on the flight (Nov 24), I'm hoping if someone found it, they can see this post!

blopez
Explorer C

UPDATE: 01/03/2020

My iPad Mini that I left on my flight on Sunday November 24th 2019 was not found and the Report was closed :"(

I was really hoping a good person on that flight would turn it in!

Always triple check that you have all your valuables before leaving your seat!

/Brenda

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that it didn't make it's way back to you.

Apple has advice for you though

https://support.apple.com/explore/find-my

blopez
Explorer C

Thank you! I have the Find My on my all my Apple devices, but the iPad can't be found since I had the device on Airplane mode 😕 Even though I have gone on my Apple Account and sent a request to set as "lost", it will stay in Pending mode until it connects to the internet. I'm sure the battery has died already. Now almost two more months later, I hate to say that I believe whoever found it decided to keep it - even though it is passcode locked, but with technology these days, you can bypass many software security/systems.