Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost item on plane

pamelamcpeters
Explorer C

Does anyone know the most effective way to handle a lost laptop on a plane to best ensure return of property? I’ve had very little luck with the lost and found online report as no one has contacted me. I realized the error within 30 minutes of the plane landing. I was already outside the airport. From what I can tell there is no system to talk to Southwest agents at the airports, therefore the likelihood of being reunited is greatly diminished. I talked to several people on the phone with customer service, but no one was helpful and I receiv d conflicting suggestions. I had an agent walk me through the online form process although I explained I had already submitted the form and revisited it. I see so many positive stories about being reunited with items in the airline’s magazine, but it doesn’t seem to be possible in my case. I am very concerned about not having my business laptop and seem to have no recourse. Thank you for suggestions or assistance!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lost item on plane

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The online form is the correct process and is your best bet for recovery.  Keep in mind it's how all those happy reports you read about are processed so it does work. It's certainly not 100% successful, but stay hopeful.

While I don't have have any personal experience with a lost item, other reports indicate it can take some time to get the item back. You don't indicate how long you've been waiting, but patience will be required.

Good luck!

--TheMiddleSeat

pamelamcpeters
Explorer C

Good news! Laptop has been retrieved at the airport where I landed! We are happily reunited and the Southwest personnel are greatly appreciated for their efforts!

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@pamelamcpeters,

That is good news.  Thanks for reporting the find!