Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost my laptop

windows10
Explorer C

i was flying from Dallas(love field) to Columbus(CMH) on Sunday Oct 06 2019 night time we landed @945 in the night   Flight # 2599

left in the  front pouch of the seat

raised a lost item with Southwest no luck until now any help would be great 

its a DELL XPS laptop silver color

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost my laptop

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Since you filed a lost item report, all you can do now is wait. The airline does not have a resources to provide personal service to each of the thousands of people who lose items.

Make sure your lost item report included the laptop serial number. That is the key in getting it back.

This can take up to 30 days.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@windows10 wrote:

i was flying from Dallas(love field) to Columbus(CMH) on Sunday Oct 06 2019 night time we landed @945 in the night   Flight # 2599

left in the  front pouch of the seat

raised a lost item with Southwest no luck until now any help would be great 

its a DELL XPS laptop silver color

The best thing you can do is file the online report, and we've heard on this forum about a lot of items returned when people included serial numbers in particular, but at least other descriptive characteristics if there are any. 

They can't necessarily open the device and see usernames, etc. and the items also may not be found at the first opportunity so the tagging based on flight number alone doesn't seem to be sufficient. (i.e. that flight number could be three or four destinations in a day and with the deep clean in the evening at CMH in this case the lost and found service won't know which leg during the day the device was lost.

Good luck, I hope your item is returned. It does typically take a few days, so don't give up hope yet. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

windows10
Explorer C

i did gave the information about the laptop like service tag no: and also the express service code no: of the laptop while filing the report

based on u r inputs i will wait some more days and see if i get back my laptop or not will keep you posted thanks for the concern

cosimina1
Explorer C

Did you ever get your laptop back?