Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multi-Destination booking online

heatherlovesher
Explorer C

I am needing to fly home from a differant city than I am flying into. How do I book this? I have tried add a flight to my flight, but that takes me from my destination to another city. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Multi-Destination booking online

sarahsmith
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Hi there. I believe you just need to book this as two separate transactions. You will have two reservation numbers. Happy traveling!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @heatherlovesher,

You can definitely accomplish this by booking two separate reservations, as @sarahsmith suggested, or you can contact our Customer Support and Services Department and speak with a Representative who can help you book it over the phone. The number is 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. 

sbresee
Explorer C

Please add a multi-destination option for online booking of tickets. By needing to book multiple one-way flights, I have to pay trip insurance for each booking. This adds to the cost of booking and decreases the advantage of using Southwest, since other travel sites do have that option. Why is the multi-destination option not available?

Susan

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It's most likely a result of Southwest's antiquated booking systems. They are currently converting to a new "next generation reservation system," so hopefully suggestions like this one might be some of the touted benefits to come.

lucksp
Explorer C

Agree about needing multi-city.  "Advanced" search does not solve this - there is not advance search anymore.  Booking with 2 separate itineraries is not helpful because the flights are not linked, in the event of an issue with a single leg.

Perhaps this is related to fact you can "cancel & rebook" - I am not sure, but it certainly makes the multi city concept difficult with SWA.

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

@LindseyD wrote:

Hi @heatherlovesher,

You can definitely accomplish this by booking two separate reservations, as @sarahsmith suggested, or you can contact our Customer Support and Services Department and speak with a Representative who can help you book it over the phone. The number is 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. 

Hi Lindsey,

Since you are here I need your advise on different issue but similar with this. I already booked flight non-stop from BWI to DTW and plan add my friend as companion pass. I may need fly in BWI from LAX on the same day (if some business coming up) for myself but SW system will cancel one of my reservation if I book a SW flight from LAX to BWI in the same day since it is considered "double booking". What should I do? or just buy ticket from your competitors? 

Thanks

Hai

jq3281
Explorer C

This has not been solved.  Walk through the process of trying to book a flight where you fly from City A to City B then travel to City C and book a flight from City C back to City A.  Adding the new destination asks for returning to a different city (e.g. City A -> City B, then City B -> City C).  How do you book the later.

So what you are saying is that you book two x one-way flights?

franktravel
Aviator B

From the Southwest home page where you would put in your flight information first try to click on where it says "Advanced search" in blue text. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

For the flight out: Choose Advanced Search. Choose Roundtrip. Select cities A>B>C and dates. This will book a trip from A>B and then B>C.

For the return: Choose Advanced Search. Choose One Way. Select cities C>A and dates. This will book a trip from C>A.

Alternately, you can just book 3 one way flights.