Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: New reservation system and ticket changes

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @CareforNOLA

What day and about what time were you having trouble rebooking at a lower fare? If you can give me that info, I'll see if I can get some insight on why that's happening. I'm sorry for the inconvenience - I know our Customers count on being able to easily rebook online. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Hey @LindseyD I was rebooking a bunch of flights late Monday night (June 5, starting around 1130pm Mountain time) and ran into the oops - this price no longer available error message a handful of times. I figured there was only a limited number of the newly loaded sale fares and someone else had grabbed it right when I was also trying to, but perhaps there's something bigger going on. Thanks for looking into it! I stayed up way too late that night getting an early start on the sale.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It's happening again today for me. I don't think this error is related to a specific time. Just another bug in the new system.

makjak80
Explorer C

This happened to me as well. Was attempting to rebook and allowed me to select the flight with the reduced points but then, the error message was displayed and showing points that actually were greater than my original flight. Had to call Customer Service and they were able to resolve. They recommended canceling and rebooking. I attempted the same rebooking with my wife's fare, showed the reduced points and once again, the error was displayed with the increased points. Took the advice of Customer Service this time and cancelled and tried to rebook. Now, the fare doesn't show the discounted points and not enough of points in my account to book the flight I just cancelled. Not too happy with SWA now.

PhillipSmith
Explorer C

Great news!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@PhillipSmith wrote:

Great news!

???