Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Purchased 2 tickets and cancelled reservation

abelbenitez54
Explorer C

Hi,

Purchased two tickets, one for my friend and I. Both purchases were under my credit card and only my Rapid Rewards account number was used. Just canceled and only half the balance is under my Travel Funds. Where is the other half? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Purchased 2 tickets and cancelled reservation

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Travel funds are tied to the passenger who was scheduled to fly. In this case the other half of the funds are in your friends name and only your friend can use the funds regardless of who paid. 

-Blake

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@abelbenitez54 wrote:

Hi,

Purchased two tickets, one for my friend and I. Both purchases were under my credit card and only my Rapid Rewards account number was used. Just canceled and only half the balance is under my Travel Funds. Where is the other half? 

They will be in your friend's Travel Funds - these are only issued in the name of each passenger regardless of where the funding to purchase the tickets came from.

If you won't be traveling with your friend then the easiest thing would be to have them pay you back for the funds.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

If you won't be traveling with your friend then the easiest thing would be to have them pay you back for the funds.

Be sure to do it secretly if you have your friend pay you for the funds since you can't sell funds or vouchers. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

Be sure to do it secretly if you have your friend pay you for the funds since you can't sell funds or vouchers. 

Maybe a "thank you" Southwest Gift Card in a similar amount would be better. 😂

This one should be okay though - not selling the travel funds, the friend already has them in the bag.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.