Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Recommend Account Feature

joelphw
Explorer C

An extremely helpful feature that I would love to see on the account page would be place that stores your unused travel funds. It would only need three fields: 

CONFIRMATION NUMBER          FUNDS(Value)          EXPIRATION DATE

I have so many of these that it's frustrating to keep track of. If you could expand to include vouchers, etc, you just created a "Southwest Wallet" that stores all methods of payment in a single place. This would be SO convenient for us frequent travelers, even if manually entered each time.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Recommend Account Feature

jksobonya
Aviator A

Great idea, I'm for it!

--Jessica

Re: Recommend Account Feature

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

This has been recommended before, and yes...it would be really helpful!  If I am not mistaken, however, even SW employees don't have access to a view like that. But I could be wrong about that.

My feeling is that the ability to not lose money when you change flights is so great that SW (from a business perspective) may want to keep the responsibility of keeping up with funds on their customers. And I am not sure I blame them? Again, my opinion. 

If you happen to use Concur for work travel, it keeps up with travel funds, and it is easy to apply old funds to new reservations. I love it!

I keep an email folder for all my personal travel funds, and I also not the conf numbers and amounts on my phone. 

All that said, if you would like to ensure SW gets this suggestion, please use the Contact Us link below. Thanks!

-A List, Companion Pass holder