Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Refund/change flight policy needs addressed!!

jr13160
Adventurer C

I do not see a previous post 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jr13160 wrote:

I do not see a previous post 

It's on page 1 of the thread -- the one from Loren

correction: from Nicole Ashley

jr13160
Adventurer C

For some reason it is not showing on my end but did see this link 

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Blog/Policy-Update-Clarification-Extending-Travel-Credit-an...

ncooks11
Explorer C

the no refund policy works during normal days and normal life.  but because of covid-19 things are not normal anymore and southwest needs to adjust.  We purchased tickets during good times and normal days with normal employment. Now everything has been cancelled and we should be refunded our money.  We cant travel as planned and now we cant afford to pay for those airline tickets we didnt use!!!  Southwest refund everyone that couldn't fly!! Our son is active duty military and he cant travel as previously planned and he is out there defending our country and southwest should know these are unusual times and they need to adjust their policy to accommodate this situation!! 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@jr13160 this post indicated in will take time to implement the tech change:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Blog/Policy-Update-Clarification-Extending-Travel-Credit-an...

Customer | Home airport DCA

jr13160
Adventurer C

THANK YOU. I see SW Airlines is working hard and it is greatly appreciated.

I booked my flight on SouthwestVacations.com on November 10 for Travel dates of March 17-21.

As I am reading your new post, I see that extended date to June 2021 does not pertain to me. Will this change? Or am I reading this wrong?

Will you just extend all travel dates? Mid March is month when we were advised on concerns to travel. Especially due to my husbands health concerns. 

In recognition of the current travel environment, we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds:
Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1-May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021

Any newly created travel fund because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021

I still have not been credited $663 through the ALG https://www.appleleisuregroup.com

for a hotel stay which was cancelled. 

Thank you

Joanne 

Stacylou1971
Explorer C

I just cancelled mine and it said I have until Jan 2021 to use mine so this is not true. 

jr13160
Adventurer C

@SWDigits Is there a way SW can extend travel cancelled in March but booked in November for June 2021 due to this issue?

My travel funds will expire November 10, 2020 on our accounts

I booked my flight in November 2019 for flying on March 17-21, 2020.

I canceled my trip in March 13, 2020 after Dr. Fauci's televised announcement not to fly.

Therefore I should have a June 2021 expiration date for my funds. 

I do not want to pay an extra $100 each change fee for our tickets. 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@jr13160 I don't work for Southwest, I'm another customer too so I can only speak to what I understand of the situation:

• "Any newly created travel fund because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021" --> if you cancelled in March then I think this would apply to you, would it not?  My understanding is that it will take some time for the Southwest IT system to catch up and reflect the change.
  • Earlier in the thread you mention a cancelled hotel book through Apple Leisure Group, that is a separate company so you would need to get in touch with them to see how they are handling the situation.

Hope this helps!

Customer | Home airport DCA

Stacylou1971
Explorer C

That is only for people who have points expiring soon. I just spoke with someone and was told I should be able to fly somewhere else in the next 9 months. Told them I wasn’t working and wasn’t sure I would be able to and then they told me about the option of extending it 6 months for $100.