Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund for flight April 10

dgt191-_
Explorer C

I have a flight for me and a friend from TPA to MDW on April 10 and would like a refund. It was charged to my credit card. Please let me know how to proceed.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Refund for flight April 10

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

1) Please edit your post and remove your confirmation number. Since this is a public forum someone could try to use it and steal your money.

2) southwest is on record that it will not refund due to customer cancellation. If you do cancel before May 31, you will receive a travel fund good thru June 2021.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dgt191-_ wrote:

I have a flight for me and a friend from TPA to MDW on April 10 and would like a refund. It was charged to my credit card. Please let me know how to proceed.

See @dfwskier 's response - unless you have an Anytime or a Business Select fare  Southwest is only offering travel funds for WGA fares for trips that are canceled right now.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@dgt191-_ if Southwest cancels the flight then you should be able to request and receive a refund.  You will need to contact Southwest after the flight is cancelled, see this thread: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Travel-Policies/What-Southwest-are-y-all-flying/m-p/104754

If you cancel then you will receive travel funds.

Customer | Home airport DCA