Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refunds on a Wanna get away airfare

dgassoway
Explorer C

I love SW Airlines.  They are the best at wwhat they do.  After flying with SW for many years, i finally had to cancel a flight.  Imagine that.  i believe my airfare was based on the Wanna get away pricing model.  i just ordered my next ticket and i only received $50 credit to my new flight but I paid $495 for the Flight I cancelled.  is that all i should get bach or am i being stupid.  all comments welcomed.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Refunds on a Wanna get away airfare

chgoflyer
Aviator A

When you cancelled your original reservation, the funds from that reservation were converted into Travel Funds, held under the original confirmation number, and valid for the original passenger(s) only, for one year from the date of purchase.

To use those Travel Funds, you would apply them as a form of payment when making a new reservation, using the confirmation number.

Did you do that when you booked the new flight?

dfwskier
Aviator A

The full mount of the dollar value of your old ticket should be available for your use for one year from the day you bought the original ticket.

When booking a new flight, after selecting the flight,  you use the value of yor old ticket to pay for the new one by getting to the payment method part of the booking process, selecting travel funds, and inputting the confirmation number of the cancalled flight and your name.

If you think the system is not providing you the value of the cancelled flight, you should find the "cancelled flight" e-mail that Southwest sent you when you cancelled the flight to verfy the value of the cancelled ticket as well as the old confirmation number.

When you input that confirmation number, the system should automatically provide you with aceess to the full amount of the value mention in the "cancelled flight" e-mail.

Question: could you have already used part of that value in purchasing a different ticket?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dgassoway wrote:

I love SW Airlines.  They are the best at wwhat they do.  After flying with SW for many years, i finally had to cancel a flight.  Imagine that.  i believe my airfare was based on the Wanna get away pricing model.  i just ordered my next ticket and i only received $50 credit to my new flight but I paid $495 for the Flight I cancelled.  is that all i should get bach or am i being stupid.  all comments welcomed.

I think this is what you are looking for:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

See if there will be $445 remaining.

How much was the new ticket, are you saying there was only $50 credit for a ticket that cost much more than that?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.