Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW app error code

Leighjohn
Explorer C

I’ve been trying to log in to the app via my iPhone and keep getting error code 400518009, “ sorry we can’t seem to connect, check your connection”.

is there a solution for this error yet?

thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SW app error code

SWDigits
Aviator A
You may want to also get in touch directly with Southwest using one of the methods listed on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. There are Southwest folks here on the boards but most are other customers like us.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Another customer was having a similar problem  early last year. Here's what he said:

"

I was experiencing the same issue.  Of course, contacting Southwest via Twitter yielded nothing but flatulence.  I eventually figured out that because I used the copy/paste functionality of my Iphone (8, IOS 11.2.6) and didn't physically type in my RR#, that caused the data that the login page sees for the username to be invalidated, thereby causing the error.  

Its always hit and miss with the app developers whether they will allow cut and paste functionality in certain fields on any sign-in page... In this case, Southwest does not ... Hope this helps someone! "

Leighjohn
Explorer C

Holy **bleep**, that worked!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!

dfwskier
Aviator A

glad I coud help -- and I'm an android guy.