Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

September/October Sales?

j_antman
Explorer C

Hey there! Was wondering if anyone knows if Southwest will be doing sales for fall travel, specifically during the end of September/early October. I've gotten emails for their Spring sale a couple weeks so I'm waiting on booking my fall season flight in case another sale pops up?! Any information would be appreciated, thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: September/October Sales?

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@j_antman good timing.  There is a flash sale now, ending tomorrow: https://www.southwest.com/html/offers/clicknsave_nonstop_sale_190423.html

These are the terms listed at the top of the page:

"Book by 4/25. 21-day advance purchase required. Nonrefundable. Seats, travel days, and markets limited. Blackout dates apply. Fares valid only on nonstop service, unless otherwise indicated. Continental U.S. travel valid 4/23/19 – 6/12/19 and 8/20/19 – 10/31/19. Interisland Hawaii travel valid 5/14/19 – 10/30/19. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid 9/4/19 – 10/31/19. Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight."

Customer | Home airport DCA

j_antman
Explorer C

Thanks! I see that there is a sale now, but I'm wondering if these will be the cheapest tickets for my travel date of September 30 from CMH-BUR? I feel like theres a chance there will be another sale later on that may have the tickets cheaper.... but at the same time I don't want to risk it haha I've been trying to follow Southwest sale trends for the past couple years

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@j_antman wrote:

Thanks! I see that there is a sale now, but I'm wondering if these will be the cheapest tickets for my travel date of September 30 from CMH-BUR? I feel like theres a chance there will be another sale later on that may have the tickets cheaper.... but at the same time I don't want to risk it haha I've been trying to follow Southwest sale trends for the past couple years

Historically, SW has held two systemwide fare sales a year. That's been the case for at least the last decade. The first in June for tickets used in late August til just before Christmas. The second in August for the same times listed above plus the first 6 weeks in the new year.

SW DID NOT do the June sale last year, but did do the August sale. No one can can predict whether or not the pattern will repeat. MAXs out of service make this an unusual year and make things more unpredictable.

Thus, if you see a good fare, grab it. If the fare later drops, you can change to the lower fare and get travel funds you can use for a future flight (must be completed by date of original fare purchase).

SWDigits
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Thus, if you see a good fare, grab it. If the fare later drops, you can change to the lower fare and get travel funds you can use for a future flight (must be completed by date of original fare purchase).

+1.  Especially for you @j_antman as it sounds like you fly with Southwest at least once per year.

Customer | Home airport DCA

j_antman
Explorer C

Thank you for the info! 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

All indications are that fares will increase in the summer and early fall, due to the limited seats available following the MAX grounding. I'm not expecting much in the way of big sales this year.

j_antman
Explorer C

Thanks !!!