Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Several expired travel funds into one voucher

Dongminator
Explorer C

Hi

I have 7 expired travel funds. I am wondering if these can be merged into one travel voucher?

One is about $280, three of them are around $40 - $60. The rest 3 are all below $10. I called customer service today and the representative was able to make 1 voucher for $100 fee, but only for the $280 travel fund, so I only got a $180 voucher. She could not convert the others because she said each travel fund is considered individually so each one requires $100 fee. 

It is very frustrating because the total for the travel funds less than $100 is about $200. It is a lot of money that I can use for future Southwest tickets. I am happy to pay another fee to convert them.

I really hope that we can merge them into the same travel voucher or make another one. Is this possible? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Several expired travel funds into one voucher

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@Dongminator wrote:

Hi

I have 7 expired travel funds. I am wondering if these can be merged into one travel voucher?

One is about $280, three of them are around $40 - $60. The rest 3 are all below $10. I called customer service today and the representative was able to make 1 voucher for $100 fee, but only for the $280 travel fund, so I only got a $180 voucher. She could not convert the others because she said each travel fund is considered individually so each one requires $100 fee. 

It is very frustrating because the total for the travel funds less than $100 is about $200. It is a lot of money that I can use for future Southwest tickets. I am happy to pay another fee to convert them.

I really hope that we can merge them into the same travel voucher or make another one. Is this possible? 

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that, but as far as I've ever heard on this community the expired travel funds are not combinable when issuing vouchers - each one has to be redeemed individually in the software.

If this had occured to you earlier before expiration, you could make a booking using all of the funds together and then cancel that flight and receive back one travel fund for the total, with the earliest expiration date.

I think unfortunately that the rep told you the process as it is administered and you did the best you could to get the $180 back.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.