Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Vacations Lowest Price Promise

gabbylou
Explorer C

Just booked a Southwest Vacation noticed the price went down. I see where Southwest will issue a travel code for a future vacation package.

I'd like to know what timeframe we have to use the code - is it a year from purchase similar to travel funds when airfare is cancelled?

Tried calling to speak to someone but was on hold for over 30 minutes....

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Southwest Vacations Lowest Price Promise

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@gabbylou wrote:

Just booked a Southwest Vacation noticed the price went down. I see where Southwest will issue a travel code for a future vacation package.

I'd like to know what timeframe we have to use the code - is it a year from purchase similar to travel funds when airfare is cancelled?

Tried calling to speak to someone but was on hold for over 30 minutes....

I checked the Lowest Price Promise terms and conditions on the Southwest Vacations website, and you're correct -- there's no mention of the travel credit code expiration timeframe. So unfortunately you will need to call.

Be aware that, despite the similarities and common branding, Southwest Vacations is actually a completely different company from Southwest Airlines. It's a travel agent named Apple Leisure Group / Mark Travel Corp. doing business under a partnership agreement with Southwest Airlines. Their policies can be very different from those of Southwest Airlines. You'll need to contact them, and not Southwest Airlines (Southwest Airlines agents will just direct you to contact Southwest Vacations for any issues with a travel package booked through them.)

Here's a link to their contact info.

Hope this helps!

Re: Southwest Vacations Lowest Price Promise

SWDigits
Aviator A
@gabbylou, there are a couple of click through links on the terms and conditions page listed by @chgoflyer and one of the links indicates that the travel certificate they issue will list an expiration date (though it doesn't give any clues to duration).

Customer | Home airport DCA