Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest stopping nonstop route between SFO and SNA

ashihe828
Explorer C

I noticed Southwest is no longer flying the route from SFO to SNA after looking for flights for Thanksgiving. I hope this is temporary because I try to fly Southwest only but this is the route I most commonly fly. These flights are always full when I fly it so I'm having trouble figuring out why Southwest wants to stop this route. Southwest, I hope you consider reopening this route in the near future!

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Southwest stopping nonstop route between SFO and SNA

time_traveler
Explorer C

I was disappointed to discover the same thing.  We frequently fly between SFO and SNA and there are no longer any direct flights starting in November.   It wasn't like there was a lack of interest because the flights were often full.  Hope Southwest will reconsider as SJC and OAK aren't viable options and we will simply have to go with another airlines.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Sometimes we never know the strategy, but I understand your pain. I used to frequent BNA to GSP direct. It was affordable and busy, but the discontinued the route. 

Maybe its it’s a seasonal thing. Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Passenger1C
Aviator C

I also hope they bring back this route. When I used to fly this route, the flight was oversold on a regular basis. Fingers crossed SWA will see the business need.  

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

socali1995
Explorer C

Wow.  I'm blown away Southwest would end this popular route between SFO-SNA - I travel this route frequently and it's always booked up!  Get a clue Southwest and bring this route back... 

sweetums
Explorer C

I frequently flew ths route as well. PLEASE bring back this popular route!!!

Mr_Sams
Explorer C

Wow - Also dissapointed and confused by SWs decision on this. Was a regular fixture for not just me, but my Elderly parents who are in Orange County, along with my brothers family. Really Hoping they see the major loss and inconvenience this is causing for so many. 

socali1995
Explorer C

checking back in to see if Southwest figured it out and has brought back this popular route (non-stop SFO to SNA)... apparently not!  bravo.. just canceled my Southwest Credit and moved on to United since they offer dozens of non-stop flights from SFO-SNA daily.  I will gladly pay the extra baggage fee to avoid having to take the Bay Bridge to get to Oakland airport (OAK to SNA non-stop)   Come on Southwest - what are you thinking!?!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@socali1995 wrote:

checking back in to see if Southwest figured it out and has brought back this popular route (non-stop SFO to SNA)... apparently not!  bravo.. just canceled my Southwest Credit and moved on to United since they offer dozens of non-stop flights from SFO-SNA daily.  I will gladly pay the extra baggage fee to avoid having to take the Bay Bridge to get to Oakland airport (OAK to SNA non-stop)   Come on Southwest - what are you thinking!?!

One time taking the GPS advice we went down to San Mateo Bridge and back up to OAK, faster than going over the Bay Bridge and down to OAK.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

mjbrenes
Explorer C

Super disappointed about these changes... I have shifted to United and Alaska but I would change back to SWA if they came back. I'm flying every week (Mon SNA-SFO and Fri SFO-SNA) and the flights are always 100% full.  SWA please bring back this route!!!!