Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Fund Expiration Extension for funds created by fare adjustment in March 2020?

trekjewel
Explorer C

Southwest had announced that "Any travel funds created because of a flight cancellation between March 1 – May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021."

I have travel funds that were created on March 8th 2020 because the airfare price dropped and I rebooked at the lower fare. It is for a flight that will depart April 12th 2020. I haven't yet cancelled the flight.    If I cancel this flight, hypothetically on March 27th, will the travel funds that were created on March 8th for this flight have the extended expiration date of June 30 2021, or would it just be the travel funds that were created on March 27th that would be extended?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travel Fund Expiration Extension for funds created by fare adjustment in March 2020?

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

All funds created March 1 and May 31, 2020 should have the expiration date of June 30, 2021. Be aware though that it may take some time for the system to reflect the new expiration date.