Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds will be Extended

jr13160
Adventurer C

I have recently received a response from Southwest Airlines on Extending my travel funds. 

Here is my screen shot of  my "messenger" conversation.

My flight was booked in November 2019 and canceled in March and I will get an extension to June 2021. Suggest all Instant messenger via Facebook. They usually respond quickly 

Travel funds screenshot cScreen Shot 2020-04-05 at 9.07.44 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Travel Funds will be Extended

bec102896
Aviator A

Glad to hear Southwest was able to help and confirm that your funds will be extended. 

-Blake

Icatscanu
Explorer C

Your lucky I had to cancel my reservation at Disney for 4 rooms for a sibling vacation. Disney was able to move my reservation to October but southwest will not extend my credit til the end of October. The tickets for my original trip were purchased October 2, 2019 and my new trip is for October 14-20. My daughter purchased tickets from Delta for May and they are giving her 2 years to use the credit.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Icatscanu wrote:

Your lucky I had to cancel my reservation at Disney for 4 rooms for a sibling vacation. Disney was able to move my reservation to October but southwest will not extend my credit til the end of October. The tickets for my original trip were purchased October 2, 2019 and my new trip is for October 14-20. My daughter purchased tickets from Delta for May and they are giving her 2 years to use the credit.

If your flights were cancelled after March 1, 2020 your travel funds now expire June 30, 2021.

renawaterson
Explorer C

We have travel funds, over $1000 for four of us, that need to be used by September 26th.  There is no way we will be able to do this...SWA, PLEAS EXTEND FOR ONE MORE YEAR (9/26/21).  Give us a change to book some new flights since we have no idea what this virus is going to look like in the next 3-9-9 months.  If we lose $4000 in credit I will be so very disappointed.  This is really out of our control....Thanks!!

bec102896
Aviator A

@renawaterson wrote:

We have travel funds, over $1000 for four of us, that need to be used by September 26th.  There is no way we will be able to do this...SWA, PLEAS EXTEND FOR ONE MORE YEAR (9/26/21).  Give us a change to book some new flights since we have no idea what this virus is going to look like in the next 3-9-9 months.  If we lose $4000 in credit I will be so very disappointed.  This is really out of our control....Thanks!!

I believe if you book a flight then cancel it between March and May then your travel funds would expire June 30th 2021