Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds change

murphysister04
Explorer C

Yay! Thank you, SW, for doing this. We wanted to be able to rebook with SW when times get better. Really appreciated on our part. I know it may still befuddle us to figure things out, but it really helps that you extended the expiration date for trips made up to the original date.  This makes it easier on families with many travelers, as the fee of $100 per person, adds up, especially when there are lots of kids, and several trips to consider. Very much appreciated! What date will it be possible to start rebookings online?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel funds change

dfwskier
Aviator A

All airlines are trying to be accomodating.

Southwest is the first of them to do something truly meaningful

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@murphysister04 wrote:

Yay! Thank you, SW, for doing this. We wanted to be able to rebook with SW when times get better. Really appreciated on our part. I know it may still befuddle us to figure things out, but it really helps that you extended the expiration date for trips made up to the original date.  This makes it easier on families with many travelers, as the fee of $100 per person, adds up, especially when there are lots of kids, and several trips to consider. Very much appreciated! What date will it be possible to start rebookings online?

I'm so happy this is working out for you @murphysister04! The date is currently TBD as it will take our technology teams a few weeks to make these changes, and once you’re ready to use these funds, simply reference the PNR number on the reservation and use it as you would use “store credit” at most retail establishments.

Nicole
Community Manager

murphysister04
Explorer C

Thank you!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@murphysister04 wrote:

You have two separate issues, one is Southwest revising its software to allow the extension of travel funds which they have said is on the order of weeks.

The second issue that Southwest releases its schedule in chunks at a time, currently through October so you won't be able to book trips for next summer until the schedule is released roughly nine months out. 

I hope this helps.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.