Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel issues

Stacylou1971
Explorer C

I am very disappointed and will not be using Southwest anymore after this experience. Now, I understand I purchased a non-refundable ticket to get a cheaper price however I did not foresee what is currently happening. When I went to cancel my flight I was told no refund (of course) but I also had to either..1) book another trip on Southwest before January 2021 (and I was told by an agent I can not get that extended because my travel is not getting ready to expire) or 2) use $100 to extend my timeframe 6 months. Those are my choices as of today. Seriously. Why should these companies get any kind of government financial assistance when they are not losing money?
I am very disappointed in how they are choosing to handle this situation. The person I spoke to told me “You have 9 months”. Wow! Great customer service Southwest! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Travel issues

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest yesterday changed it's policy on travel fund expiration dates.

No other airline in the industry is doing more than Southwest is. Most are doing lots less.

• Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1-May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021

• Any newly created travel fund because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021

Re: Travel issues

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

For more, see Policy Update & Clarification: Extending Travel Credit and Refunds

-A List, Companion Pass holder