Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wanna Get Away Cancellation Funds

adankish
Explorer C

A few months ago I cancelled a flight that I had purchsed at "Wanna Get Away" pricing and unfortunately had to cancel with the understanding  that I would be able to apply those funds to a future ticket.

---

I recieved an email with this message:

"Fare Rule(s): 5268529190555: NONREF/NONTRANSFERABLE STANDBY REQ UPGRADE TO Y -BG WN 
Valid only on Southwest Airlines. All travel involving funds from this Confirmation Number must be completed by the expiration date. Unused travel funds may only be applied toward the purchase of future travel for the individual named on the ticket. Any changes to this itinerary may result in a fare increase. Failure to cancel reservations for a Wanna Get Away fare segment at least 10 minutes prior to travel will result in the forfeiture of all remaining unused funds. "

---

The cancellation confirmation email  indicated that the expiration date was Jun 5, 2018 - so the funds should still be available.

So here's my question: I am about to purchase another ticket and and hoping to apply those funds to my this ticket. In what point fo the purchasing process can I apply the funds from the previous ticket?

Thank you

Dan

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Wanna Get Away Cancellation Funds

theregoeshelen
Explorer C

You'll apply the funds at the check out page where you enter credit card info. It'll ask for name and specific code to apply to current reservation.

clostaunau
Explorer C

how long do we have to reuse unsed funds?  I had a ticket that I cancelled a while back wasnt given any information about that.  

clostaunau
Explorer C

BTW, this was a "wanna getaway" ticket to Orlando

dfwskier
Aviator A

@clostaunau wrote:

how long do we have to reuse unsed funds?  I had a ticket that I cancelled a while back wasnt given any information about that.  

Hello.

You have one year from the date the original ticket was puchased to complete travel. The person named on the original ticket is the only person that can use the funds

Note that if travel funds were used to purchase the ticket mentioned above, travel must be completed by the one year anniversary of the other ticket.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

FYI: When you book the original itinerary, or change / cancel an existing itinerary, an email is sent that lists the expiration date of the funds for that ticket. This can be helpful if you've made any previous changes or reused funds from another ticket, since the new booking will take on the oldest expiration date of any funds applied.

expiration.jpg