Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Will Southwest extend expiration dates on Travel Funds that are expiring during coronavirus?

tramhuynh
Explorer C

I've booked a few trips this year using my Travel Funds.  However due to the coronavirus I will likely have to cancel my trips and hence lose my travel fund credits since I can't fly.  Will Southwest extend its expiration date so that I can actually use them?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Will Southwest extend expiration dates on Travel Funds that are expiring during coronavirus?

bec102896
Aviator A

At this time Southwest has not announced any changes to the travel fund policy. 

My advice for now don't cancel your flights yet in case there is a schedule change to your flight  (long delay or cancellation by Southwest) then they might be more willing to work with you on a extension of funds. Also by waiting it gives southwest time to look at a possible solution to this as you are not alone in this situation. 

-Blake  

Re: Will Southwest extend expiration dates on Travel Funds that are expiring during coronavirus?

Biancanoel177
Explorer C

Honestly, I dont see them doing that. I wish they would. They just haven't shown much empathy for their customers so I dont know why they'd suddenly switch it up

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

I'm happy to share that we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds. For the latest information, click here

Nicole
Community Manager