Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

current travel fund extension is not going to cut it. Funds expiring in first couple days of june

callyouout
Explorer B

My funds expire June 2. Given the current situation, that means in order to use these funds I would still have to travel during corona. I'm glad southwest recognizes the need for an extension, but this extension is not adequate and would still force me to risk my life and the life of my loved ones and travel during corona. Which, I obviously won't do, and will thus be penalized for it by southwest's stingy policy. When will they smarten up? Getting real tired of having to keep begging them to use their brains and hearts and be reasonable.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: current travel fund extension is not going to cut it. Funds expiring in first couple days of jun

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest had to draw the line somewhere.

If the date had been June 30, then people with July 2 expiration date would be saying what you are saying.

If the date had been July 31, then people with August 2 expiration date would be saying what you are saying

If the date had been end of August,  then people with September  2 expiration date would be saying what you are saying

etc, etc, etc

Every date SW could pick would make some people unhappy.

Re: current travel fund extension is not going to cut it. Funds expiring in first couple days of jun

callyouout
Explorer B

yeah but if they expire June 2 that still means I would have to travel during corona.