Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

does the airport have strollers

smoore0119
Explorer C

Hi. Im flying with my 3 year old,8 year old boys and 16 year old stepson. I am curious if the airport has strollers to use/rent. I know that this probably varies depending on airport, we will be departing from BWI. I dont really want to take a stroller with me but I would like to use one while we are at the airport for 2+ hours just to keep him from trying to wander off. If anybody has any experience or knows the answer to my question I would greatly appreciate any info.

(i looked on the BWI website and tried to call and could not find any info or get a person on the phone)

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: does the airport have strollers

caskey
Explorer B

I'm a frequent traveler (including occasionally with my five kids), have been to several dozen airports and I've never seen an airport with rental strollers.  Even rental luggage carts don't have a spot for a child.

If you plan on taking a stroller on your trip, you can use one right up to the gate, and then they will gate check it for you right when you get on the plane.  When you land, it will be brought up to you so you can use it to head to baggage claim.

Re: does the airport have strollers

smoore0119
Explorer C

Good to know 😊 Thx

I remember a long time ago they did have them. Or maybe they were like the little push cars. But I've never flown with my toddler. I think I'll take a small stroller with me. Thanks again.