Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

flights refunds

char747
Explorer C

Our family had a our recent trip last July 24 to NY, we flew from Newark airport via Southwest Airlines. 

Our departure was cancelled 3x due to weather storms. That was okay to us as long as we’re going to have our next flight available, but unfortunately when they’re re-book our flight, the agent told us that we won’t get a flight until Sunday. We’re shocked, really? To make the story short... we ask for a refund.

We were issued a refund ticket that has an amount has much our refunds. When I checked our refunds it’s says we can use it buy ticket again in the future with Southwest. But, we don’t want to fly anymore with Southwest Airlines. 

My full understanding is the refund will be back to my card. Is there any one that encounter this problems with SWA?

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: flights refunds

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B

Sorry to hear about your experience. Weather is hectic for all air carriers and as Southwest flights are pretty full these days, it can be difficult to be reaccommodated when weather hits. Anyway, if you requested a refund but you were given travel funds instead, just contact Customer Relations and they would be able to refund the money back to your credit card.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear your flights were canceled because of weather. It is important to know that weather is out of the airlines control so when weather hits there is not a whole lot they can do. 

I would recommend you call customer relations at 855-234-4654 so they can look In to your reservation and check to see if a refund is possible or if it had been processed. You can also reach out to Southwest on twitter In a DM which could be faster than calling 

Hope this helps

Blake 

sfarlow
Explorer B

Unless you purchased the fully refundable ticket your ticket is not refundable. You were issued a travel vouchure to used on a future flight and it expires one year from the dated you purchased your tickets

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@sfarlow wrote:

Unless you purchased the fully refundable ticket your ticket is not refundable. You were issued a travel vouchure to used on a future flight and it expires one year from the dated you purchased your tickets

If Southwest cancels your flight, you can get a refund, even for non-refundable tickets.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.